It’s that time of the year again when anticipation rises and the gardens bloom for the famous Carnival of Flowers in Toowoomba!
The 2020 Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers is going ahead – despite changes to daily life and albeit with a few event adjustments – yet, no matter whether it’s your first time or not, you can be sure it’ll be as memorable as ever with 10 full days of floral festivity, mouthwatering regional food and family-friendly entertainment in none other than Australia’s colourful Garden City.
This year marks the carnival’s 71st anniversary and, just like every year, it’s simply not to be missed! Here’s a rundown of what to start looking forward to this spring:
- stunning floral displays, family entertainment and live performances at Queens Park Toowoomba, Laurel Bank Park, Picnic Point, Japanese Gardens, Boyce Gardens and more
- Grand Central Floral Parade going ahead but as a static display (still a sight you won’t want to miss)
- Tastes of Toowoomba – taste the best local and regional cuisine while getting your hands on a new $20 #trEATS springtime special
- Toowoomba Trails Walk & Talk Tours – Royal Bulls Head Inn Tour, Architecture Styles, Toowoomba During World War II, Laneways + Street Art and more
- Carnival of Flowers Events including Bromeliad Society Annual Spring Show, Spring in the Garden, St Luke’s Flower and Music Festival, St Patrick’s Cathedral Floral Display, Carnival of Trains, Toowoomba’s Finest Craft Show and more!
For past visitors, several annual events won’t be going ahead this year due to unfortunate current circumstances, such as the Toowoomba Exhibition Gardens, Orchid Society Spring Show, Bonsai Group Inc Annual Show, Geranium Society Inc Show, Succulent Fest, Teapot Extravaganza and Downlands Art Exhibition.
Regardless, Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 2020 will be FREE to attend as usual with plenty to see and do for all over 10 festivity-filled days. Plus, we all know there isn’t a better time in the year to visit Toowoomba!
Excited? Stay with Us at Laguna Apartments Toowoomba
Toowoomba comes alive each year during the Carnival of Flowers, and we invite you to experience it firsthand this September 18 to September 27 2020 with our 1 and 2 bedroom Toowoomba apartment accommodation in the heart of Toowoomba!
Situated near Grand Central and surrounded by Toowoomba’s beautiful parks and gardens, our Toowoomba central hotel offers stylish, fully self-contained apartments for travellers, couples and families – each with reverse-cycle air conditioning, FREE Foxtel and NBN WiFi, full kitchen facilities (including dishwasher and laundry appliances), a large private balcony and more.
While you enjoy everything Toowoomba has to offer, be sure to feel at home at Laguna Apartments! In addition to free onsite car parking, an onsite licensed café and 24-hour check-in, we offer the cheapest available rates (best price guaranteed!) on all direct bookings. Simply call or book online to save.
Before You Travel – Border Information and Stage 3 Restrictions
Travelling from outside Queensland? Most things are back to normal now that we’re in Stage 3 of the eased restrictions, so you can visit Toowoomba knowing you won’t miss out on everything our beautiful Garden City has to offer.
Be aware, however, that you’ll need to apply for a QLD Border Declaration Pass if you’re crossing the border!
But, in a quick summary, here’s everything that’s open and back on for you to enjoy here in Toowoomba:
- Toowoomba parks and gardens open for tours and recreational activities
- Toowoomba restaurants, cafés and pubs open for indoor business (some require reservations, with the majority following a designated 1 person per 4-square-metre rule allowing up to 50 dine-in customers at a time) – takeaways and deliveries also available locally
- non-essential shopping back on – shop fashion, souvenirs, gifts etc. at Grand Central Toowoomba and more (distancing precautions in place, subject to store)
- local salons, spas and massage parlours open and closely following government-recommended hygiene guidelines
- attractions and places of worship open to the public with distancing/limited capacity in place
With plenty to do and the Toowoomba spring just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to visit Toowoomba to relax, dine local and explore our beautiful garden parks!
Book Directly with Us in Advance and Save!
Update for all past and first-time guests – relax and book with confidence here at Laguna Toowoomba! We’re continuing to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at our property for your health and happiness, including frequent sanitation of touchpoints and public areas, gel sanitisers in addition to safe staff distancing and convenient self-check-in for all guests.
For your stay in Toowoomba, here are just a few of the exciting perks you’ll enjoy by booking with us:
- prime location in the absolute heart of Toowoomba City!
- stylishly modern, fully self-contained 1 or 2 bedroom apartment
- reverse-cycle air conditioning, full kitchen facilities and large private balcony
- FREE Foxtel and NBN WiFi
- onsite licensed café and local food delivery
- lift access, swipe card security and FREE basement car parking
- 24-hour check-in
- best price guaranteed by just booking direct
If you want to save, don’t forget to give us a call or simply book online through our website!
Book a relaxing escape in Queensland’s Garden City or start getting ready for the 2020 Carnival of Flowers Toowoomba – view our self contained apartments Toowoomba accommodation now at Laguna Apartments Toowoomba Accommodation.