March to Christmas – Best 2020 Events Coming to the Toowoomba Region
Toowoomba is the place to be in 2020! Toowoomba and the surrounding region has a fantastic events lineup in store this year, each season packed with something to do and a whole host of exciting excuses to round up loved ones, pack a bag and head to Australia’s picturesque Garden City.
From the esteemed Toowoomba Royal Show to the nationally loved Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers, mark your calendars in advance and plan a cheap Toowoomba City break with our Toowoomba apartment accommodation, situated in the heart of Toowoomba and the absolute best things to do in the region.
Laguna Apartments provides 4-star serviced apartments in the CBD, ideal for travellers, tourists, couples and families looking to enjoy everything that makes Toowoomba a must-visit Queensland destination. For all the best reasons to visit this year, have a read below for what’s coming to the Toowoomba Region in 2020!
March to May – Toowoomba Region Events in Autumn
Those planning to visit Toowoomba in autumn won’t be disappointed – the cooler season will kick off with a month of live music in Queens Park, Picnic Point, Laurel Bank Park and surrounding Toowoomba locations for Summer Tunes 2020, shortly followed by the highly anticipated return of the Toowoomba Royal Show, held annually over one weekend at the Toowoomba Showgrounds.
Easter is never short of exciting in Toowoomba, playing host to the yearly Toowoomba Easter Gold Cup with a full weekend of family-friendly festivity at the heritage-listed Jondaryan Woolshed attraction just outside of Toowoomba. Here’s a complete roundup of the most exciting autumn events:
- 1 March – Peak2Park Toowoomba 2020 at Picnic Point to Lake Annand Park Toowoomba
- 1-29 March – Regional Summer Tunes 2020 at Queens Park, Picnic Point and Laurel Bank Park + Toowoomba Region
- 7-8 March – The Chronicle Lifeline Bookfest at Toowoomba Showgrounds
- 26-28 March – Heritage Bank Toowoomba Royal Show 2020 at Toowoomba Showgrounds
- 11 April – Street and Lanes Festival / Toowoomba Busking Festival at Toowoomba CBD
- 10-13 April – Toowoomba Easter Gold Cup at Toowoomba Tennis Association
- 11-12 April – Easter Family Fun Weekend at Jondaryan Woolshed
- 11-13 April – Easter Vintage Festival at Highfields Pioneer Village
- 16-17 May – Lost Trades Fair at Cobb + Co Museum
- 17 May – Hampton Festival at Chapman Park Hampton
- 17 May – 22nd David Hack Classic Meet at Toowoomba City Aerodrome
- 23 May – Relay for Life in Queens Park Toowoomba
June to August – Toowoomba Events for Winter
Winter 2020 will arrive with a host of must-attend exhibitions and expos – most of which will take place at the Toowoomba Showgrounds little over a 10-minute drive from our Toowoomba central apartments!
See the region’s biggest collection of model trains at the 2020 Toowoomba Model Train Exhibition, enjoy all things outdoors and adventure-related at the Queensland Outdoor & Adventure Motoring Expo and celebrate cultural diversity with more than 20,000 people in Queens Park for the return of Toowoomba Languages & Cultural Festival!
- 6-7 June – Toowoomba Model Train Exhibition at Toowoomba Showgrounds
- 20-21 June – Antique and Collectors Fair & Exhibition at Founders Pavilion Toowoomba Showgrounds
- 18-19 July – Toowoomba Camellia Show Garden Expo at TAFE Horticulture Centre Toowoomba
- 31 July-2 Aug – QLD Outdoor Adventure & Motoring Expo at Toowoomba Showgrounds
- 9 Aug – Toowoomba Languages & Cultural Festival in Queens Park
September to November – Spring Events
September is the month during which Toowoomba comes alive with visitors from all over Australia for the famous Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers! This hugely popular spring festival takes over Queens Park with breathtaking floral displays, showcasing Queensland’s Garden City at its best with street parades, food, regional wine and more to enjoy for ten whole days.
Spring also gives rise to the historical annual Weetwood Raceday at Clifford Park Racecourse, along with Spring Heritage Festival at Jondaryan Woolshed – a four-day festival of kids activities, animals, food and tractor displays. View the complete spring roundup below:
- 12-13 Sep – Broxburn Country Music Festival in Broxburn
- 17-20 Sep – Craft Alive at Clive Berghofer Recreation Centre Toowoomba
- 18-27 Sep – Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 2020 in Queens Park
- 19-20 Sep – Toowoomba Antique Collectable Fair at Founders Pavilion Toowoomba Showgrounds
- 26 Sep – Weetwood Day at Clifford Park Raceway Toowoomba
- 25-28 Sep – Spring Heritage Festival at Jondaryan Woolshed
- 17-18 Oct – Toowoomba Gemfest at Centenary Heights SHS Toowoomba
- 9-11 Oct – Pittsworth Craft & Fine Food Spectacular at Pittsworth Town Hall
- 10 Oct – Maclagan Squeezebox Festival at Maclagan Memorial Hall
- TBC Oct – Crows Nest Festival at Crows Nest
- 24-25 Oct – TMBA & District Old Machinery Club Annual Rally at Oakey Showgrounds
- TBC Nov – Bush Christmas Edition at Masonic Centre Toowoomba
December – Toowoomba Christmas Events
Christmas is an experience like no other in Toowoomba, boasting lights and nightly festivity in the CBD along with Toowoomba Carols by Candlelight – free to attend – and the ever-popular Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland, attended by more than 80,000 people each year!
Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland fills Queens Park with spectacular light displays, live entertainment and fun activities for all the family. If you’re yet to experience it, make 2020 your year to visit Toowoomba during the build-up to Christmas. Below are the 2020 dates for Toowoomba’s must-attend annual Christmas events:
3 Dec – Christmas in the CBD
6 Dec – Triple M Mayoral Carols by Candlelight in Queens Park Toowoomba
5-24 Dec – Toowoomba’s Christmas Wonderland in Queens Park Gardens
Book Central Toowoomba Accommodation with Laguna Apartments
Whether you’re planning to visit Toowoomba to explore the local garden parks, taste the region’s cuisine or enjoy an upcoming event – or all of the above – stay in the heart of Toowoomba City with Laguna Serviced Apartments, where we offer affordable self-contained Toowoomba apartments; modern, spacious and complete with all the comforts of home.
Situated on Hume Street, our prime location is surrounded by Toowoomba’s famous parks, heritage-listed buildings and the best restaurants in Toowoomba. With Laguna Apartments Hotel, enjoy free WiFi and Foxtel during your stay, along with secure basement parking and fresh food and coffee in our onsite café.
We offer the best price guaranteed on all bookings made direct! Start planning your Toowoomba City break today by just visiting Laguna Apartments Toowoomba.